Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 56

Remember how I finally got permission to take photos at the aquarium?  Today I made good on that and took a few practice shots to see how they would turn out.  The verdict: not very good.  I've got a rubber lens hood, which definitely helped.  Major problems were dirty glass, gunk in the water, moving/hiding animals, and the animals being too close to the lens.  Tomorrow I'll bring a flashlight as a sort of external light source to see if that helps.  They have some really cool stuff in there and I want to make sure I get photos of everything for my collection!

Here's the two decent shots I took today:

It's a leaf scorpionfish!  These guys are cool because they can be almost any colour.  You'll find them in pink, green,
yellow, brown--literally any colour, and they're all the same species.  That is seriously cool!

Peacock mantis shrimp!  This guy is beautiful, but aggressive.  They're great pets because they will interact with you
(by trying to attack you) but they'll eat your other fish, so they have to stay in solitary tanks.  This guy actually
'attacked' me while I was taking his photo today!

Hopefully I'll get more good ones in the near future!

-Ashton

No comments:

Post a Comment