Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 79


After arriving in Cairns late at night, we spent the next day chilling out and looking around the area.  For their second day in Cairns we drove up and around the Atherton Tablelands.  This was my third time there, so there's some repeat photos.  Enjoy them anyway!  :)

First up was the Cathedral Fig.  We got a nice stranger from New Zealand to take a photo for us!




Next we drove to Lake Barrine, one of the big freshwater crater lakes in the Tablelands.

The view from the parking lot.

My grandmother insisted I take a photo of these.  They are pretty, and Lake Barrine has an impressive garden.

Look at these lovely ladies!

Restaurant, gift shop, and bathrooms.  It's cute!

Then we moved on to Lake Eacham, where we swam and had a lovely picnic lunch.
My grandma was a wimp and didn't get in.

Then we drove to the Millaa Millaa waterfalls loop.

It's a lovely scenic drive.

Millaa Millaa!  (Isn't that fun to say?)




We had to get out a few times to shout, because there was an excellent echo.  I'd never heard my own echo before!  I tried to get my echo with a video, but all that got recorded was me shouting stupidly.  Oh well, it was worth a try!








Jumping spiders are my favourite, they're so colourful and cute!

This spider is awesome!  Look at it!

 We tried to see tree kangaroos, but we failed to spot any and decided to make a last-ditch effort to see some cool wildlife by speeding up to Yungaburra (where my class slept in that cute backpacker lodge) to look for platypi.  And thank goodness, it was a success!




Finally the sun set and it was time to head home.  



More photos to follow soon.  There's so many, I can't even believe it.  Good thing it's been raining and I've got nothing else to do!

And don't forget to keep scrolling down for the kangaroo and fish shrubbery photos!  :)

Cheers,
Ashton

No comments:

Post a Comment